provided by Asurion, LLC
Last Modified: June 2017
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES FOR ASURION'S MOBILE APPLICATIONS CAREFULLY.
- Sprint Protect Application
- Sprint Tech Expert
- Sprint Gallery Application
Attn: Office of the General Counsel
648 Grassmere Park
Nashville, TN 37211
CONTACT AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS:
By downloading our Application, using our Services, allowing us access to Your Technical Data through your mobile device or providing us with Your PII, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding legal, technical, regulatory, security, privacy and any administrative or consumer notification obligations relating to your use of the Application and Services.
You may also contact us at
Attn: Office of the General Counsel
648 Grassmere Park
Nashville, TN 37211
- the types of information collected from you when you download and use our Application or the Services;
- how your information is used by Asurion;
- with whom the information may be shared;
- what choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information; and
- the kind of procedures Asurion employs in an effort to hinder the unauthorized access, deletion, alteration, use or disclosure of information you provide to Asurion or by using our Application or the Services.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE APPLICATIONS:
When You choose to download and use the Application and the Services, Asurion may access, collect, use or disclose the following types of information from You:
Personally Identifiable Information:
(PII) includes without limitation as follows: Your full name, mailing address, email address and cell phone number and generally information that may identify You as an individual.
Asurion automatically collects Technical Data about Your mobile device on a daily basis and in some instances as frequently as three times per day. Depending on which operating system your mobile device utilizes some Technical Data may be gathered more or less frequently or not at all.
This Technical Data may include: Electronic Serial Number ("ESN") or International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI") data; telephony data, i.e. Your network type, network operator name, subscriber identity module ("SIM") operator name, SIM country; Your mobile device number, device serial number and media access control ("MAC") address; carrier name; operating system version; device model; performance and data usage, i.e. data storage amount, Central Processing Unit ("CPU") and memory consumption; other usage logs; battery status and battery usage patterns and power consumptions; lists of other installed applications; listing of types ( i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) of other e-mail accounts configured to Your device; device information related to Your choice of settings for your device such as Wi-Fi, Global Positioning System ("GPS") settings, bluetooth setting; mobile device settings; screen brightness and roaming data; the names of email accounts configured to Your device; and other technical information Asurion may need to perform the Services. Technical Data may also include Your aggregated anonymous non-public personally identifiable information.
Asurion may also use your PII in other ways, such as to provide you with information about the Application, the Services, other offers that may be of interest to you, to seek follow-up from you about your experiences with Asurion or as otherwise disclosed to you during the process of downloading the Application. Where appropriate, Asurion will seek your express consent to send such messages, including when sent by email or other type of commercial electronic message. This consent is sought by Asurion, LLC, 648 Grassmere Park, Nashville, TN 37211. You may withdraw your consent by using the "unsubscribe" link located at the bottom of such messages you receive from Asurion, or by contacting Asurion at the phone number listed in the applicable Terms of Service for the Application.
RETENTION AND DELETION OF PII and TECHNICAL DATA:
Asurion will retain your PII and/or your Technical Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and You consent to such purposes(s) and Your consent remains valid after termination of Asurion's relationship with you. When PII and/or your Technical Data are no longer needed, it will be permanently deleted or de-identified so that it can no longer be associated with a specific individual.
USE OF PII AND YOUR TECHNICAL DATA:
- Asurion may use Your PII and the Technical Data collected through Your use of the Application or the Services for such purposes as:
- to fulfill a Service to you;
- to complete Your purchase;
- helping to establish and verify Your identity;
- activating and maintaining Your account;
- to the extent that Your carrier does not provide such services, billing and resolving billing disputes;
- maintaining and providing data back-up services to You, if applicable;
- monitoring and maintaining the performance and functionality of the device consistent with your choices where applicable through the device settings;
- providing You with location-based services, including the locations of Your current and/or previous devices;
- providing You with expert technical support and consulting services and click to chat functionality with Asurion representatives to resolve device issues and answer questions about device usage;
- auditing, research and analysis in order to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services;
- providing you with products or services or carrying out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized;
- responding to Your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- improving the Application by solving technical problems, calculating overall usage statistics, internal marketing and promotional purposes, product development and content improvement;
- taking good faith steps to enforce the applicable Terms of Service;
- to comply with law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, including our rights and property and our services, or act in urgent circumstances to protect Your personal safety;
- to track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our customers and provide such information to third parties that provide services to Asurion;
- to protect against fraud and potential fraud;
- notify you of any known breach of Your PII or technical data; and
- maintaining the security and integrity of the Application, the Services and Asurion’s systems.
In order to provide remote support and screen sharing capabilities, some devices require device administration access. This access will only occur with your permission, and will be disabled when the remote session ends.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PII AND TECHNICAL DATA:
- Asurion may disclose your PII or Technical Data to comply with the law and/or legal process where a formal request has been made (e.g. request from an administrative oversight agency, civil suit, subpoena, court order or judicial or administrative proceeding);
- Protect or defend our rights and/or property or the rights and property of others;
- Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
- In these circumstances, PII or Technical Data may be shared with the actual or prospective purchasers or assignees, or with the newly acquired business.
ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF YOUR INFORMATION:
Asurion takes various steps to reasonably ensure the accuracy and completeness of PII. However, Asurion also relies on You to provide accurate and complete information when interacting with Asurion for any purpose.
ACCESS TO AND ABILITY TO CORRECT OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION:
APPLICATION AND MOBILE DEVICE SECURITY:
Asurion has implemented measures to help protect against the unauthorized access, loss, misuse and alteration of the Technical Data and Your PII. Asurion utilizes security measures and encryption technology to help protect the integrity of the Technical Data and your PII. After the Application is installed, the Technical Data and your PII generally is encrypted before being transmitted over the Internet to Asurion. The Technical Data and your PII will be encrypted by your phone before it is transferred to Asurion storage systems. Notwithstanding the foregoing, technology limitations may prevent encryption in some instances. Once Asurion receives the Technical Data and your PII, it is authenticated and protected by a firewall and/or encryption.
Asurion uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to protect against loss, theft, misuse, disclosure, alteration and destruction of or unauthorized access to your PII. Asurion cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that Asurion receives on your behalf to operate the Services or that you transmit to Asurion, including your PII and you do so at your own risk. Asurion also cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of Asurion's physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. While Asurion uses commercially reasonable data encryption, Asurion cannot ensure or warrant the security of any of Your Technical Data or Your PII while in transit from Your mobile device to our servers. Asurion will notify You of any confirmed security breach of Your Technical Data or PII to the extent required by and in accordance with applicable state and federal law. Asurion may attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps or Asurion may post notification on www.Asurion.com if a security breach has been confirmed by Asurion. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing in which case Asurion will notify you in writing of such security breach.
Your mobile device may contain other third party software or third party applications which collect and transmit PII or other Technical Data. Asurion is not responsible for any PII or other information which may be stored or transmitted by any such third party software. In addition, Asurion is not responsible for any PII or other information that you display publicly or that becomes publicly known as a result of Your actions.
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS AND WEBSITES:
The Application may contain embedded links to other third party websites or to applications operated by non-affiliated or independent third parties. Please be aware that those applications and websites may collect PII or Technical Data from You about Your visit. These websites and applications have not necessarily been reviewed by Asurion and are maintained by third parties over which Asurion exercises no control. Accordingly, Asurion expressly disclaims any responsibility for the privacy policies, information collection practices, content, accuracy of the information, and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party applications and websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party, websites or the applications or services provided by any third party. You should review the privacy policies for any websites or applications that you use, before using the application or website and providing Your PII or allowing access to your Technical Data. Asurion is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party applications or websites that may be mentioned on, or accessible from, the Application or through the Services.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS:
This notification is required under California law. Under California law, California residents may opt-out of Asurion disclosing personal information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes. If You are a California resident and do not want Asurion to disclose Your information to other companies for their marketing purposes, please contact Asurion by any of the ways described in the Contact and Electronic Communications Section above. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of PII the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of such information, please contact Asurion by any of the ways described in the Contact and Electronic Communications section above, and Asurion will respond within 30 days as required by law.
MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT: